Garlic for dogs, as well as for human health, is an excellent antibiotic and immune booster. I stick with fresh, raw garlic and keep it on hand for both cooking and healing. If it’s fresh, I have read that the medicinal qualities are still there.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix until well blended with a wooden spoon
- Set aside
- Cut the liver in cubes and blend in a blender a bit at a time until pureyed
- Add Garlic, crack eggs and shells add to blender and blend for 30 seconds
- Add the bacon grease in liquid form and blend for 5 seconds
- Add 1/2 the Liquids to dry ingredients in the large bowl
- Mix until absorbed
- Add the rest of the liquid a little a time.
- The dough should be the consistency of a dense cookie dough.
- If it it too stiff add a little more water. The dough should be a bit tacky that is requires some flour to handle and to avoid sticking to your counter.
- Pre heat oven to 375f
- Cut the dough in half
- Roll out the dough to about 3/16" thick
- Use whatever shape cookie cutter you have chosen to cut out your pieces. We used Canada Goose shapes for fun the last time. We also use dog bone shapes. Any shape will do.
- Place evenly spaced on a cookie sheet.
- These do not spread a lot so they can be about 1/4" apart
- Place biscuits on the center rack and bake for 25 minutes.